QURAN MEMORISATION PROGRAMME (QMP)
Al-Qur’anul Kareem is the book of Allah, the Almighty, Who revealed it to His prophet Muhammad (sallalahu a’laihi wassallam) to be a reference for Muslims, guidance, and light for the nation of Islam. Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, is the keeper of the Glorious Quran to the end of the world and it is also preserved in the hearts of Muslims.
Why to memorise the Qur’an
Allah revealed the Glorious Quran to the prophet Muhammad (sallalahu a’laihi wassallam) with the word “iqra'” which means “read”. Allah, the Exalted, promised the Muslims, who used to read Quran, to credit a good deed to each letter of Quran and a good deed gets a tenfold reward. Reading Quran continuously is one of the best acts of worship as the Quran will protect and defend the one who reads it on the Day of Resurrection. This is a reward for the one who reads Quran only, so what about the one who memorizes it as well. Few of the benefits of becoming a ‘haafiz’ are given below:
1. VIP status in this life, death, and beyond. The haafiz (the memorizer) is a true VIP. He automatically qualifies for some roles of leadership by virtue of being a haafiz. For example, in a prayer congregation, the one who knows more Quran leads the prayer.
Even at the time of death you’re honoured. The haafizah is placed ahead of the everyone else in a mass burial. At the battle of Uhud, the Prophet buried the martyrs who had memorized the Quran in front of those who hadn’t, to highlight their superiority.
And in the hereafter, “the one who recites the Qur’an and learns it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes”(Al-Bukhari). “Indeed Allah will elevate some people with this book and he will degrade others with it.”(Muslim)
So congratulations to you that your son or daughter will be of those whose status this magnificent Quran elevates and exalts.
2. Allah intending good for your children. This is due to the statement of the prophet, “Whoever Allah intends good for He gives him the understanding of the religion.” (Al-Bukhari). The greatest understanding of the religion is the recitation and memorization of Allah’s book, because it is the first source of legislation.
3. Chosen People of Allah. This is due to the statement of the prophet, “Verily, Allah the exalted has people from among mankind, and the people of the Quran are the people of Allah and his chosen ones.”(Ahmed and An Nisai).
4. Honouring a haafiz is a form of honouring Allah. This is due to the statement of the prophet, “Verily, it is a form of honoring Allah, the Most high, that the gray haired Muslim is respected and the one who carries (memorizes) the Quran without exaggeration in it, nor neglecting it.”( Abu Dawood).
5. Safe from the trial of the Dajjal (the great deceiver or false messiah). The prophet said, ”Whoever memorizes ten verses from the beginning of Surah Al Kahf, he will be protected from the Dajjal.”(Muslim).
6. Highest ranks of Jannah. Ibn ‘Amr reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan after he has entered Paradise, ‘Recite, and rise!’ For every verse he recites he will rise one level (in Paradise), until he recites the last verse with him (i.e., in his memory).” (Aboo Dawood)
Whoever memorizes Quraan and acts upon it, Allah will reward him and honour him greatly for that, so that he will rise in status in Paradise to a level commensurate with what he memorized of the Book of Allaah. Subhanallah!
7. Garments of honor. The prophet said, “The Quran will come on the Day of Judgement and say, ‘So Lord! Adorn him. ’So the person will be made to wear the crown of honor. Then it will say, ‘Oh Lord! Increase him!’ So the person will be made to wear the garment of honor. Then it will say, ‘Oh Lord! Be pleased with him.’ So Allah will be pleased with him. Then it will be said, Recite and ascend.’ And the person will receive an extra good deed for every verse (that he recites of the Quran).”
8. The Highest Honour for the Parents. Mu’aadh al-Juhani narrates that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: ‘Whosoever recites the Quran and practices upon its injunctions, the reciter’s parents will be given a crown on the day of Qiyaamat. The brightness of that crown will be more intense than the brightness of the sun in your actual house.’ The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) further said: ‘What do you think will be given to the Hafiz (reciter) of the Quran himself?’” (Mishkaat Vol I.)
9. Proof on the Day of Judgment. The Prophet said, “The Quran will be brought on the Day of Judgment along with its people who acted according to it. They will be preceded by Surah Al Baqarah and Al Imran, and these two Surahs will plead the case of whoever recited them”(Muslim).
10. Honorable Status among the Angles. The prophet said, “The one who recites the Quran proficiently will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (of the angels)”(Muslim).
11. Safety and salvation from the Hell-fire. The Prophet (pbuh) said: “If the Quran is gathered in a body (i.e. a person) Allah will not burn him with the Fire.” (Al-Baihaqee in Ash-Shu’ab and Al-Albaanee graded it good).
12. Safety of the heart from destruction. The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Verily, He who does not have anything inside of him of the Quran is like a demolished house.” (At Tirmidhi).
13. Double reward for those who try hard. Aaishah that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: The likeness of the one who reads Quraan and memorizes it is that he is with the righteous honourable scribes. The likeness of the one who reads it and tries hard to memorize it even though it is difficult for him, he will have (at least) a double reward. (Al-Bukhaari, 4937)
14. Allah made it easy for us to memorize. Allah subhaanahu wa ta’aala, said: And We have indeed made the Qur’an easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember? [Al-Qamar: 17, 22, 32, 40]
And many more . . . . . . .
QMP at MN
Madrasatun Noor (MN) believes that there cannot be any Islamic Curriculum without Qur’an Memorisation. MN has tried to balance between Qur’an memorisation and schooling. A detail study was conducted before launching the programme. The programme was launched on Feb 2019. The salient features of this customized model are:
PLANNING OF 6/7 YRS
PLANNING OF EVERYDAY PROGRAMME (1st Yr - YTN)
ELIGIBILITY & ADMISSION
QMP is designed for MN students only. The student of C-1 may apply for QMP. Based on the availability of vacancy and recommendation of Quran Ustaz, a student may enroll with the programme. The programme has separate entry fee of BDT 5,000/= (once) and monthly tuitions BDT 1,500/=.